Things are getting more interesting on this episode, but I'm scared for both Lee rang and Ji-ah's choices - will they give up Lee yeon for their contract/ happiness?
1. As mentioned on the earlier episodes foxes will always repay the debt of one’s kindness. When a fox owes someone, there will be a transparent ring that is connected to the particular person who has helped them. That’s what happened between Lee yeon and A Eum - she helped him to get away from the scary villagers who wanted to kill him.
2. Imoogi hates Lee yeon and always wants him dead because imoogi has always been jealous of him - “It should have been me. The mountain spirit and the man by that lady’s side. In the mountain spirit’s body, I will marry her (Ji-ah)”
3. The details of the night when A Eum was killed finally showed on this episode!! A Eum, whose body was controlled by imoogi, killed everyone in the village. She even tried to kill Lee yeon using the arrow. Lee yeon, who truly loves her, couldn’t really hurt her back; and when she realised everything she had done, she cried and was comforted by Lee yeon. But imoogi quickly took back the control of her body, so Lee yeon tried to make a deal for imoogi to take over his body instead and set her free - which was agreed by the imoogi. Lee yeon could only hope for A Eum to live freely and happily, and forget about him.
4. When A Eum took over her body back, she begged Lee yeon not to sacrifice himself for her - which was, of course, disapproved by him. But she used their connected transparent ring so he had no choice but to kill her - “I want you to repay me. Kill me.”
5. Lee rang, who promised to meet Lee yeon, was picked up by the evil man (CEO of Ji-ah’s company) instead. He was warned for wanting to go against imoogi - which angers him, but he couldn’t really do anything since he has the transparent ring connected to the evil man (he was once saved from dying by the man when he get stabbed by Lee yeon’s sword). Since a Fox cannot break a contract, the man requested “Give me Lee yeon. I’ll give you 2 days. I need his body”. The imoogi has always wanted to take over Lee yeon’s body.
I honestly feel really bad for Lee rang for not having any options and having to go against his heart.