1. Finally a sweet reunion between Ji-ah and her parents!! This scene honestly warms my heart💙
2. Lee yeon asked Ji-ah’s colleagues, Sae-rom and Jae-hwan, to do a background check of imoogi. He asked them to find any weaknesses that he can used to fight against it.
Jae-hwan finally found what could be imoogi’s weakness in one of the tales. The story tells that the protagonist fights against imoogi living in a swamp after putting horse’s blood all over his body - it seems that imoogi hates horse’s blood.
3. Imoogi started to go around visiting people, whom Lee yeon knows, looking for any hostages that can be used to make him suffer; the first target was Shin-joo. He went to his clinic pretending to be a nice guy who brought an injured cat over for a treatment. But when the cat was asked who hurt it, Shin-joo realised that the guy was actually imoogi. But I’m curious about what it said to him! “Someday, when imoogi in the woman calls, you...”
4. The 2nd person imoogi went to see was the snails bride, Hye-ja, to control her mind “Listen to me carefully, you...”
Now I'm sure imoogi tried to put some sort of spells in their mind so they would go against Lee yeon without realising when the time comes.
5. The 3rd person was Yoo-ri, he purposely bumped into her in front of Lee rang’s and said “I want to kill him”. She went straight up to Lee rang’s place and started stabbing him at the pressure points, just the way he taught her too.
6. Lee yeon finally realised that imoogi was testing him all along using the ground cherries - if he broke the rule and killed human, he would be sent to underworld and that’s when imoogi has been waiting for: Lee yeon’s absence to protect Ji-ah.
7. Yoo-ri, who’s worried sick about Lee rang, decided to steal some ground cherries at Lee yeon’s place, but sadly it withered even before she gets to use it on Lee rang.
8. Instead of bringing the ground cherries pot tree to his grandma, Lee yeon called the evil man to play ‘catch the tail’ with imoogi. The evil man finally agreed to tell him the ritual on how to put imoogi to sleep for ground cherries in return.
9. Imoogi went to see both Sae-rin and Jae-hwan to control their mind; imoogi threatened Ji-ah that both of her colleagues will jump out of a tall building if she didn’t agree to go on a date. And during the date, Imoogi told Ji-ah the story of his past; it turns out that imoogi was born a human, not a monster (shocking?! Ikr?!)
12. Lee yeon went to interrupt imoogi and Ji-ah’s date and to do the ritual on imoogi to put it to sleep. His grandma who could see what he was doing said: “That’s not it Yeon. It’s not him”.
13. It turns out that Lee yeon's grandma was right all along - what he did was totally wrong. The imoogi was alive still and wasn't affected in any way, but Ji-ah started feeling all hot and the scales started to appear on her skin. This scene is pretty confusing, but the most possible theory I can think of right now is that the evil man actually tricked Lee yeon into believing him that the ritual used to wake imoogi up could also be used to put it to sleep. So in my opinion, using the same ritual didn’t actually put imoogi to sleep, but to wake the main part of imoogi that was asleep in Ji-ah’s body. Oh that freaking evil man!!😡
Did Sae-rin actually give us a hint of the ending when she said "A beautiful lady becomes a sacrifice, some hero shows up from somewhere and beats imoogi after much struggle. But it's definitely not a happy ending. The protagonist of the legend of Gimnyeong Cave killed imoogi with a sword, but then got killed by the dead imoogi. The imoogi was definitely killed, but it wasn't killed" - could this mean that the hero (Lee yeon) could successfully kill imoogi but then he will be killed at the end by the imoogi that is in Ji-ah's body? Could this really be a sad ending? Writer-nim... give us a happy ending, jaebal!!😭