1. The first scene showed that Lee yeon wasn’t supposed to meet his first love, A Eum. The meeting between them has caused Lee yeon to suffer for the past hundred years. And sadly, their love story ended tragically, but it wasn’t shown in details yet of who killed her.
2. Lee yeon couldn’t let go of A Eum willingly, so he went to see her for the last time before her soul is taken away. He gave her a fox bead as the sign and promised her that he will always try a way to find her when she is reincarnated one day.
3. Back to the present, Lee yeon woke up after being injected an anaesthetic. There was no harm done to Lee yeon though. Ji-ah just wanted to know what he did 21 years ago, and what actually happened to her real parents. At first, he didn’t want to help her when she threatened him to uncover his secret (about being a fox). But when she threw the thumb drive into her tea and said “When the fox is indebted to someone, they must return the favour”, he finally agreed to help her.
4. Lee yeon has helped Ji-an by checking about her parents, but sadly both of her parents’ names aren’t on the afterlife immigration list - which means that both of them are still alive.
5. The weird thing happened at Ji-ah office, where her colleagues including her have nightmares that are connected to one another. Unfortunately, the nightmares came true and her colleague’s mum died.
6. Lee yeon who heard of this asked Ji-ah’s help to lure the suspect - a pulgasari - who was under Lee rang’s instruction to work at Ji-ah’s office.
7. Lee yeon made the pulgasari to find Lee rang’s location. When Lee yeon found Lee rang drinking by the sea, and their conversation showed that they were once close when Lee yeon was the mountain spirit. But everything changed when Lee yeon met A Eum - Lee yeon forgot bout her brother, Lee rang, which caused him to have lacked affection.
8. Ji-ah’s dream came true when there was a case of fishers finding a skull in the sea. This encouraged her more to go to the small island to investigate the case.
9. Lee yeon and Ji-ah found a tree deity who asked her to cut the rope that ‘tied’ her feet to the tree. However there are 2 weird things mentioned by the deity: every other spirits have disappeared from the island, and that Ji-ah has been to the island before.
10. Ji-ah, then, found out that she really has been to the island with her parents, while she’s in her mum’s womb.
11. Ji-ah accidentally met one of the fishers who was mentally ill because of the depression. When she was trying to help him out, he attacked her, which injured her shoulder. Thankfully, Lee yeon came and saved her. He helped to put some herbal medicine on her injury when part of her skin was sort of covered in scales. And when he noticed it, she went straight to choke him and said "Long time no see, yeon. It's me, the person you've been waiting for. But let me ask you something, why did you kill me?"
OMG DID AN EVIL SOUL STOLE JI-AH'S BODY?! AHH this is a torture to wait...