I know it’s a fantasy genre but I would suggest to watch this episode during the day since it has some sort of horror part in it, which made my heart beat sooooo fast.
1. After the disappearance of everyone in the island (which turns out for a sacrificial), Lee yeon and Ji-ah decided to stop investigating and went back to Seoul.
2.As for the birth of imoogi (Lee yeon’s enemy) that was covered with talismans, Lee rang wanted to make sure that the newborn baby wouldn’t be found by the after life immigration. This would be his main secret plan to get revenged on Lee yeon - he wanted the past tragedy to repeat itself.
3. This episode finally showed the story behind the hatred Lee rang has towards his own brother, Lee yeon. When Lee yeon abandoned Lee rang to look for his first love, A Eum, people in the village set fire in the forest which angers Lee rang, and pushed him to kill everyone (even the innocent ones). So when Lee yeon went back home, Lee rang cried of happiness and hugged Lee yeon. But unfortunately Lee yeon had to stab Lee rang with his sword as he was ordered by the afterlife judges to punish Lee rang for wiping out the entire village. At that point, Lee rang, who felt betrayed, asked Lee yeon to kill him; but Lee yeon didn’t want to and wouldn’t as he still believes that deep down Lee Rang is a good person - he said “No matter how hard you pretend to be evil, this is not who you are.”
4. Ji-ah and Lee yeon grew closer after their island trip, so she invited him for a dinner as an appreciation token for saving her life twice. Throughout the dinner, Lee yeon noticed that there are few gestures that Ji-ah does are similar to his first love, A Eum.
5. Ji-ah had to go to a funeral for her colleague’s mum who just recently passed away, but Lee yeon tried to stop her - he even told her that he has a bad feeling about her going to the funeral, but she ignored him and insisted to go. So Lee yeon gave her a talisman filled with red beans to protect her.
6. When Ji-ah went to the funeral, Lee yeon went back to the after life immigration to receive his punishment for killing the shaman. He was sent away to first underworld (snow mountain prison) as a normal human being for 7 days long.
7. At the funeral, Lee rang decided to pay Ji-ah a visit to tear the talisman given by Lee yeon - which opened her third eye and she was able to see dead kids. The kid ghosts chocked Ji-ah using her scarf and she fainted.
8. When Ji-ah woke up, she found herself at home with the dead kids who keep saying “Give me your body. I want this body”.
9. Lee yeon, who was punished, could feel that Ji-ah is in danger so he wanted to leave the underworld using the shortcut path with hard challenges ahead.
10. Ji-ah was scared and ran to the rooftop, but the dead kids keep following her. She was surrounded by the kid ghosts, fell off the building and luckily Lee yeon was there to catch her in time before she hit the ground. Seeing Lee yeon laying on the ground and covered in blood made Ji-ah cried worriedly thinking he could die. Ji-ah tears, which means that she started to have feelings for Lee yeon, woke the fox bead that was given by Lee yeon to A Eum before. Lee yeon opened his eyes and said “I found you. I’ve been waiting for you.”
I’m so happy that after all those years, Lee yeon finally had the chance to reunite with the love of his life. But I’m just so not ready for many plot twists that Lee rang has planned to make Lee yeon suffer😭