1. In order to find Ji-ah’s parents, they need to meet the governor, who is 1 of the 4 mountain spirits who rules the nation. But before finding the governor, they visited a fortune teller who seems to be crazy, yet he said the same exact thing of what Lee yeon’s grandma told him before: “You two shouldn’t hang out together or else one of you will die. You two shouldn’t have met in the first place".
2. When Lee yeon and Ji-ah left the fortune teller's place, Lee rang came to ask for the eyebrows of a tiger (to see people’s past life). Lee rang offered to buy it with a luggage full of money, but the offer was rejected because he simply doesn’t need money. Instead, he asked Lee rang to give him something the most precious Lee rang has for an exchange.
3. When Lee yeon and Ji-ah finally found the governor (which turns out to be an Asian black bear), Lee yeon had to win the fight against the governor’s people to get information in return. Turned out it was all just a playful fight since Lee yeon and the governor are actually best friends when he used to be the mountain spirit. The governer, then, told them that her parents weren’t the actual target during the incident, Ji-ah was the one targeted all along. And the one who planned all those was actually a real human that has been living since Joseon era - a middle aged man that has a faint of face tattoo (that signifies a criminal) on his forehead.
4. Before leaving, the governor told Lee yeon to be careful and not to keep Ji-ah around because the man who planned the accident has mentioned before that Ji-ah actually has the king’s scales and the energy of the king in her body - which reminded Lee yeon of the incident that happened in the island before.
5. Lee yeon used some sort of a hypnotic tricks on Lee rang so he could lead Lee yeon and Ji-ah to the man who planned the accident. The man, who planned the care accident, turned out to be the CEO of the company where Ji-ah works, who is also a loyal servant of imoogi. But unfortunately, Ji-ah and Lee yeon didn't have the chance to follow Lee rang to find out about the man.
6. Lee rang, who wasn’t sure of what precious thing to exchange with the eyebrows of a tiger, finally gave Lee yeon a call. He tricked him into meeting with the fortune teller. He planned to exchange Lee yeon, his own brother, with the eyebrows of a tiger - which was accepted by the fortune teller.
This shows how precious Lee yeon is actually to Lee Rang though - which also strengthen my theory about Lee rang sacrificing himself to save Lee yeon one day.
7. Ji-ah tried to get Lee yeon back from the fortune teller, but she was told the same rule - that she has to exchange him with something precious of hers. She tried to exchange a music box (the last present from her parents) with Lee yeon, but it was rejected. So she asked him to find the most precious of hers she could exchange with Lee yeon, and he asked for the Fox bead that Lee yeon gave to her before. Ji-ah, being so naive thinking that was actually a cheap offer she could give to get Lee yeon back, agreed to trade the Fox bead.
8. Once the fox bead was taken by the fortune teller and the palm on Ji-ah’s left hand changed, imoogi sounded happy. As the governor said to Lee yeon before: “So did your fox bead protect everyone? Or did it protect one person only?” - it seems that the fox bead is so powerful that it could protect Ji-ah from any danger, including imoogi.
9. Apparently (wasn’t explained in details yet) imoogi seems to be not powerful yet since he only gets a tiny drop of Ji-ah’s blood. It seems that imoogi needs Ji-ah completely to get his whole power back, because a part of imoogi actually stays within Ji-ah’s body (I’m starting to feel that it’s sort of like Harry Potter, where a part of Voldemort is in Harry Potter.). And with the disappearance of the fox bead from her body, the king’s scales appeared.
GAH I'm scared for Ji-ah's life since she doesn't have the fox bead to protect her from imoogi, but the preview shows that Lee yeon promised to always protect her even if he had to risk his life😭 It's only Episode 5 yet my emotion is all over the place...